Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fog and The Cornfield and Water Shots - Saturday Snapshot



Sometimes fog creates the most interesting play with light ...in this case, morning light that is filtered through grey clouds ... this, taken at the beginning of a road trip to the coast that I took last week.






A friend and I had lunch in Gloucester, Massachusetts, walked a jetty out into Gloucester harbor, clambered our way toward Pebble Beach in Rockport, Massachusetts, and drove the back shore of Cape Ann. What a day ... out by the sea with city and suburbia far away.



shared at Saturday Snapshot, Melinda Ott's weekly photo share


8 comments:

  1. Fog fascinates me, partly because of a road trip my husband and I took. The first time we drove through a switchback in Nova Scotia, it was dark and wet. The fog was also heavy. Our drive terrified me, because the visibility was so low. It amazed me when later we drove through the switchback in the daylight, without my realizing where we were until my husband pointed it out. I've even felt surprised on subsequent years, when we took the same route in the dark but without the fog, because the drive felt fairly uneventful. Fog can sure change one's view of a place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the light and fog makes that first picture look so much more exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you first shot especially. I keep meaning to get up to see the sunrise and take some photos, but it is so hard. And interestingly more rocks in piles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of this adventure. So calming with all the greys and blues and browns.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first photo is beautiful - the colours and light are magic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lovely outing. I too love the effect of fog -- wish I could get more pics of it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete