Saturday, May 30, 2015

Hands2Help Quilt - Tra-La!



This small quilt has been a labor of love on a couple of levels. 


The idea of making a quilt in memory of my young grand-niece who passed away very suddenly at the end of January sat on my heart for a while before I came upon Sarah Craig's website and her annual Hands2Help quilting project. When I looked at the charities that she was sponsoring this year, I knew immediately that making a quilt for a little girl who may find herself in a radically different world from her familiar one would be a perfect way to honor our Angela. Because You Matter may be a Canadian charity and I may be an American citizen, but love is love no matter the time or place.

The 2015 Hands2Help project is coming to an end, but I'm still linking to the original description of the project that I found. Perhaps someone reading this will be intrigued and put Sarah's website on their favorites list so that they can be involved in the 2016 Hands2Help project ... because love is love is love no matter the time or place.




So here is the finished project. I'll be having my pastor say a blessing over it tomorrow and then it will be lovingly wrapped and posted to Nina so she can pass it on to some little girl who needs some sunshine and blue skies.

Thanks Sarah for being in the right place on my computer at just the right time. Hands2Help has been as much a healing project for me as it's been a work of charity for others. I can only chalk up happening onto your site as a work of grace from above.




Now, I think I'll go out and do some gardening with my little friend, Little Bee !!! Happy Saturday !!!




... posted to Saturday Snapshot and Hands2Help ...




13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors. My mom loved making quilts but sadly I never asked her to teach me and she knew I wasn't crafty. So sorry to hear about your niece. My husband passed away January 22nd, and my daughter is going to make me a quilt from his clothes with his blanket as the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful memorial to your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful, some little girl will cherish it. My mother's name was Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous :) sorry to hear about your loss

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful. What a wonderful way to honor Angela and to help heal your heart. I know that this will go to just the perfect recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see this from-the-heart textile art work completed. What a beautiful tribute to a loved one: made such talent and skill. A lovely thing . . . the piece itself and the devotion with which it was rendered..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful quilt for a great challenge and doing it in memory of your grand niece. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. You are right that this is a great way to remember her. Being able to comfort others who are going through what you have experienced is a comfort in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, and I'm so glad to hear that it helped in your healing process. I have several great-nieces and can only imagine....... I'm very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear of the loss of your niece. Wonderful how the hand of God led you to Sarah and an outlet for your sorrow and a way to honor Angela's memory. Beautiful quilt to hug a little girl in need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet and inspiring story behind this quilt, Susan - and a wonderful way to honor and remember your grand-niece! Thank you for sharing, and for participating in the Challenge this year. I hope you'll join us again next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilt is beautiful and it's so lovely that you're doing it in memory of your Grand-Niece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet quilt. You are a very special person. I hope making this quilt in memory of your grand-niece has brought you comfort and healing. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete