Saturday, May 2, 2015

Saturday Snapshot ...



This past week, I went away with some friends from my quilting guild. We had a retreat in Waterville Valley, New Hampshire. For three days, we shared sewing tips, worked on our individual projects and a few community service sewing projects, yakked about all things sewing, drank good wine, walked in the sunshine when we needed a break from the sewing studio, and ate really well.




There were thousands of fabric pieces worked with over the course of three days. 




There was a lot of cutting going on too !




Of course, there was a ton of ironing to be done ... some would say too much!




In the end, though, it's all about the finished quilt tops ...




... and there were some beauties!




We had a couple fun raffles too ... I ended up winning an Ott light for mounting on my sewing machine. We old lady quilters need all the light we can get!




On the way home, I stopped at a huge quilt shop in Center Harbor, New Hampshire and bought a palette of batiks to use in my next big quilt project. I'm in hog heaven with all these colors ...

shared at Saturday Snapshot 


Check out the other snapshot posts at Melinda Ott's website. Just hit the link above!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic time! My mom would have loved to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to spend some time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great time away centered around a fun hobby! I like your batiks very much. Will you have another quilt done in three days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I love quilting retreats! I always come home "pumped" and "tired". I am missing our group's May retreat, but I will definitely participate in the one in October. Love spending time with these talented friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilters seem to go on a lot of retreats- they do sound fun- almost worth taking up quilting for (I don't have the time, or indeed the skill). Your materials are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love all those beautiful batik fabrics. What fun to sew with others. For me sewing is always very solitary, which is a bit sad really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this post, Susan. It sounds as if you emerged energetic and inspired after such a creative and chock-a-block full few days. It's wonderful what meaningful work and camaraderie, in an atmosphere of conviviality, can do for one's spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful :) pleased you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete