Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday Snapshot - Snow and More Snow



Just so you know ... this is an unaltered photo that I shot yesterday morning in that brilliant sunny time before any wind did damage to all the snow marshmallows and cotton candy. Bright, bright light and some shadows and this row of dried sedum blossoms. The camera has registered the plant images and 'pixelated'  the bright white and shadows in such a way that the shadowed crystals of snow are like little tiny rainbows ... so cool, huh?





This is the view from my kitchen window ... the kitchen woodpile and the garden shed ... and muffled wind chimes. More snow is expected sometime tonight.

... shared with others at Saturday Snapshot...
Thank you Melinda for hosting this weekly photoshare!


11 comments:

  1. I have counted five more snows for this week. We might as well settle in and enjoy them. Your kitchen view is totally charming and your first photo is winter art at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we speak, it has begun snowing ... again! LOL! More lazy day sewing for me and a cake in the oven!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! That first one looks like little trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm cold just looking at these! They are gorgeous, though, and thanks for sharing. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photography! That first photo is art. You've captured beauty in this white stuff which many of us are tired of by now. But you've persevered and made visual art out of it. And I was thinking of escape all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the exact same thought as Rippleeffects -- your first photo is art. At first glance it looks starkly black and white, but then the rainbow reflection makes its appearance. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I like about your first photo is that it is very abstract. There really is nothing in the shot to tell you what scale it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty photos! Although I'm glad it's not the view out of my kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when it is snowy like this. So beautiful outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the first photo - the lines and angles and shadows - so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photographs, Susan. Makes me miss the snow.

    ReplyDelete