Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday Snapshot - Eeeek! It's Almost Done!


So ... if you know me well enough to be friends on Facebook, you've already seen this photo ... I am so psyched that this quilt is coming closer to completion!  I asked a friend from my quilt guild to do the machine quilting on the quilt face that I finished a couple months ago. She called me this week to tell me I could pick it up.

I flipped when I walked into her dining room! She had the completed quilt spread out over her dining room table so I could really see the overall quilt design that we'd chosen. No kidding, I danced around a bit in joy. It's just so darn pretty to me!

Yesterday, my husband helped me, as I sewed the binding all the way around the outer edges of the quilt and this week, I'll flip the binding and hand sew it to finish the quilt completely ... eeek! My squeal of excitement just keeps on coming!



 ... shared with others at Saturday Snapshot , Melinda's weekly photoshare ...

6 comments:

  1. This quilt is lovely. No wonder you're excited! Your friend did a great job on the quilting--how lucky you are to have someone who'll do that for you. I'm a quilter too, and lately I've been drawn to quilts with white backgrounds--just like the one you made. Congratulations for finishing this beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. When my children were little - and after I tucked them into bed - I used to stay up into the wee small hours of the night - and quilt. So peaceful on the mind. These days, I'm afraid, too hard on the eyes. But, I remember those dreamy nights, sewing to light classical music, with great fondness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. You should be proud of your hard work. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looks great, no wonder you're excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks awesome. I have just started quilting myself and understand just how much work goes into them. I am hoping to get my first one finished in the near future.

    Thanks for stopping by our blog earlier. I did not go bungee jumping as I was only 15 at the time and needed parental permission. Plus it was pretty expensive so I saved the money and went skiing instead. Hope you have a great week!

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful quilt and a wonderful achievement! I'd be giddy, too!

    ReplyDelete