Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday Snapshot ... A Gnome and a Note



There's a gnome in the house! This little guy arrived out of the blue this week from a young lady who used to be in my Daisy/Brownie/Junior troop ... over 20 years ago! How's THAT for a random act of kindness ???

Actually, Heather and I reconnected when I looked up all the girls (on FB ... where else???) that were in Girl Scouts 'back in the day' when I was a rowdy and fun-loving troop leader. I lead the same group of girls for just about eight years. I saw them grow and change and become such cool individuals! I swear. We did so many fun things as a troop that many of the girls have let me know just what a blast their Scouting experience was... and that's very gratifying because you just never know at the time what reaction you're getting when you're leading a troop, teaching a class, or dealing with any group of kids. Know what I mean?

Anyway, we decided earlier this year to practice an experiment in 'random acts of kindness' and Heather surprised me this week with this adorable garden gnome that she made in a ceramics class and a dear note ... so cute and so treasured!

... this post is shared with others at Saturday Snapshot, a weekly photo share that Melinda Ott sponsors at her website ... West Metro Mommy Reads ... head on over and check out the other entries! Then, think about posting your own snapshot! 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely tradition you've started :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to reconnect with old friends and acquaintances through online social media. That certainly revives a lot of memories. Charming gift Heather has for you. Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the glossiest gnome I've ever seen…….. He's gorgeous. I like your pretty white flowers too. How nice to be a recipient of a random act of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, and what an amazing little gnome she has made. My daughter had many happy years in the Rainbows and Brownies, and was in fact in the Gnome Six.

    ReplyDelete