Saturday, December 7, 2013

Saturday Snapshot: Advent Waiting and Watching



Last evening, we were treated to the first real snow of the season ... and it came at a perfect time. My husband had put a small field grown Christmas tree into the barrel and strung some new LED lights on it. It looked pretty pathetic during the day with its wires draping off the branches and those airy branches waving limp in the breeze, but oh ... what a little snow can do !!!

It was a lovely way to go to bed - the lights from the tree casting a colorful glimmer through the bedroom windows.



This morning, everything has a pretty topping of fluffy white. I loved the red, white, and blue of the winterberry bunch  on my small terrace ... more clouds and a soft grey sunrise ... I'm waiting for Christmas to come and more snow to blanket us! Just quietly waiting ...




Shared with others at this week's Saturday Snapshot ... thank you, Melinda for being our hostess!


12 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I am not a fan of the snow and grumble my way through winter but I read this and think.... maybe I ould give the season a break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I live in Florida. I can't imagine what it'd be like to wake up and snow be everywhere. :p Very pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are lovely and ALMOST make me miss the snow that we escaped by heading south for the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice snow photos. We have a really bright day today so I'm not sure I'll get good photos. Yesterday, I was too busy shoveling!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and wonderfully celebratory! There is nothing better than a blanket of snow near Christmas time. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tree lit up does look glorious. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty. I can't decide whether I like your Christmas lights, or the winter berries best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree looks spectacular! I am glad to live somewhere that doesn't get snow like that though….

    ReplyDelete
  9. very, very nice pics. snow makes a great subject. i see you are into historical fiction! yeah for historical fiction. I guess you noticed when you cruised over to my blog that i've written a sequel to The Three Musketeers. i'm kinda a musketeer junkie. hope you can read it someday. thanks for taking time to come by and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh beautiful! Even though I complain about the cold (all the time), I do enjoy a nice snow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look magical, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks lovely, we have rain and grey skies. Might keep popping back for a look at your snowy photos to cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete