Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Christmas Barn ... Saturday Snapshot



This small barn /shed sits on land right along Route 9 between Brattleboro and Bennington, Vermont. It's the road that I travel several times a year to visit my parents over in New York State. Every time I pass this shed, I vow that I will stop and photograph it, as the owners always have the doors decorated with lovely seasonal wreaths or sprays of flowers. This last trip across the mountain pass seemed the time to finally fulfill my promise to myself ... the Christmas wreaths and snowy day made the shed look so nice! And there was a bonus ... see the box in front of the doors? They have lights hidden in it. When we drove home that evening, the doors were all lit up and it was snowing as we passed back by ... it was just lovely! Like a Vermont postcard labelled "Have a Merry White Christmas!"




Merry Christmas !!!




This post is shared with others at West Metro Mommy Reads . Check out what others are sharing this week at Saturday Snapshot!

9 comments:

  1. Its beautiful - I would have stopped and taken a picture or two as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! What a wonderful sight to look forward to on a long drive.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a cute barn, and the snow adds so much to the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow one hopes that the people who decorate know that they are brightening spirits for they truly are. And now mine have been brightened, too, by seeing the charm of this little shed, its wreaths, the flag, and the thought of being lighted at night. I'm so glad that you stopped and took the photo. Merry Christmas, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing photo, Susan! The beautiful environs and the lovely colours of the doors contrasting the wood and the white backdrop. Thanks for sharing this wonderful sight! Vermont is one of the 'must-see' places on my list. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the beauty that's in your area!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great thing these people do, and a fun thing to notice on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I initially started reading the light between oceans and did not like it and then I listened to it on books on tape and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours of those doors. I was in Eastern Canada and can attest to the weather-lots and lots of snow. Glad your family made it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The barn has certainly been made attractive for the Christmas season. Every summer when I visit home, I try to take a few photos of the sights I see, because I never know when they will permanently disappear. I'm glad you took time to take this photo.

    ReplyDelete