Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Snapshot ... I Could Have Been A Contender!

When my mother first let me step up to the counter and grab hold of a spatula and a set of measuring spoons, I don't think she ever thought I would fall in love with the art of cooking the way that I have. I went to visit her and my Dad at the beginning of the month and when she asked me what I'd been up to, I told her that I was having fun cooking and photographing the foods that we eat for my food blog. She is agog at technology and wondered just what I could make that would be photo-worthy ... not to mention, the wonder she had that people actually like to read all about it. I chuckled and said I didn't think too many people DID give two figs, but it is a fun hobby and what the Heck. Then, I told her that I would do a little showcase of some of the things that I've baked over the past year and show them to her when I next visit. Saturday Snapshot seems the perfect venue for my little show-and-tell for Mom so ...

Look, Ma! I made it all by myself! 





Chocolate Kugelhopf




Apple Pie




Pie a la Mode




German Sandkeks




Pseudo -Napolean Strawberry Rhubarb Stacks




Apple and Pear and Raisin Galette





Whole Wheat Scones




Irish Barm Brack




Asparagus and Vidalia Tart




Rye and Currant Bread




Spinach, Onion and Walnut Quiche




Snickerdoodles


Thanks Mom for teaching me my way around the kitchen! 




This post is shared with Alyce at her weekly photo share. Check out this week's offerings Saturday Snapshot . 

2 comments:

  1. You take beautiful food photos! I hope your mom enjoys seeing them. And now I am hungry for pie.
    My snapshots: http://worducopia.blogspot.com/2013/02/snapshots-portland-japanese-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your mother likes the photos. My mouth is watering... I want some apple, pear and raisin galette, but I'm supposed to be on a diet, but I do have apples, pears and raisins... maybe I could add cinnamon and eat them with natural yogurt. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/7FE3e

    ReplyDelete